Monday, January 23, 2012

Lifesavers Gummies(Patrick)

Front Side of bag
    It has been a long time since Geoff (pronounced GEE-off) came up with the concept, and now that we’re not distracted from the exciting lives we used to live, I have been able to finally sit and do a review.  My first and introductory review will be of the Life Savers Gummies.  While much more commercial than the others posted, they have a particular nostalgia factor from my childhood.
    Now onto the gummies.  Everyone is familiar with the classic Life Saver flavors, so I have a pretty solid benchmark to compare the flavors.  After sampling all 5 flavors, I can say across the board the flavors stay true to their originals, but all except the watermelon and strawberry flavors had a bit of bland after taste, which I’ll attribute to the bland taste of gelatin.  The flavors were strongest at the beginning of the chew, as expected.  The texture, overall, ranks high among other gummies.  The little rings are firm, easy to chew, and are not shiny or waxy in any way.  Each one also has the Life Savers logo across the top like the originals.
    I am also happy to report that it is still true that the Life Saver gummies do taste better when you wear them around finger like a ring and bite them off. Although my fingers are much bigger now than when I was little sitting in the lobby of our YMCA.
To sum it up; Taste: 7 of 10, Texture: 8 of 10, Overall 7 of 10

                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment